I ran out of Coconut Oil, so for a replacement I got some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. My hair would get a little hard this winter(I live in New England) after applying Coconut Oil(I believe it's because it solidifies at low temps), so I thought EVOO was a good replacement.
I originally wanted to purchase Avocado Oil, but that cost about $15.00 for 8 oz and the EVOO was a lot less expensive($6.00 for 16 oz @ Stop and Shop).
Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Is extracted without heat and chemical processing, which is why it has a high level of nutrients
- Is Rich in high levels of fatty acids and Vitamin E which is great for hair moisturizing
- Makes hair shiny and soft
- Is rich in polyphenols. Polyphenols are water soluble substances, which are usually found in the waste water, after olive processing. These polyphenols have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, due to which Olive Oil for the hair acts wonders.
- DOES penetrate the hair shaft, which makes it an exceptional oil because of the extra conditioning benefits
- Prepoo and/or Hot Oil Treatment
- Sealant- after moisturizing
- Leave-in Conditioner- After using a creamy leave-in
- to oil my Scalp
Also Great for:
Eye Make-Up Remover
to help Smooth Cuticles
Obviously to cook with
Great to use when Cleaning Make-up Brushes(helps restore softness)
Softens chapped lips