*Beware- Nothing but Relaxer Posts until I get my next touch-up.
As stated before, I will be getting my touch-up on Saturday!
I'm kind of nervous because this will be done "at home" and the last two times I relaxed myself, I was left under-processed. And not the normal underprocessed either! I was relaxed at my roots, then there was new-growth in the middle then on to my relaxed ends. Kind of looking like this --------ZZZZZZ---------! The underprocessed areas were also very dry.
But, I made a few mistakes
* Didn't add enough relaxer to my new-growth
* Used a Mild Relaxer
* Didn't Smooth the Relaxer through all of my new-growth
* Washed the Relaxer out too soon
* when Basing my scalp, got Vaseline on my new-growth too
* Had NO assistance!
So, In order to prevent under-processing again, I will make the following adjustments
* Make sure to add Plenty of relaxer on my new-growth
* Switched to a Normal Relaxer- I think Normal suites me better because my roots are completely virgin. For Example; I don't use heat during my relaxer stretch so my new-growth is so strong and resistant to a Mild Relaxer. Although, I will be adding a table Spoon of Silk Amino Acids to my relaxer. But that shouldn't cause any issues of underprocessing, it would just leave my hair stronger after a relaxer.
* I will make sure to smooth the relaxer through all of my new-growth while trying to avoid getting any relaxer on my already relaxed ends
* I will time this relaxer but also assess the condition of my hair before washing out
* I will base my scalp with Vaseline about 1 hour before relaxing being extra careful not to get any Vaseline on my hair
* This time my Mother is helping me and my sister will be there to assist or guide my mother when necessary.
For this relaxer, I plan to have my mom do the back half of my hair while I do the front. So this will be an even application and leaving plenty of time to smooth out.
Wish me luck!!
P.S- I'm more scared of under-processing then over-processing because I will def make sure to wash the relaxer out at the suggested time.
I also don't want my hair to be bone straight, but relaxed to my likings!