- I have not experienced any increase breakage. Just the normal wear and tear from manipulating my hair in between twists.
- My relaxed ends have the same thickness since the start of my transition although they look thinner because of my thick new-growth
- I love twists, but I'm sick of them..so after my next 3 week set, I will wear my hair out for a month or 2. As said before, I would like to enjoy these relaxed ends while they look good!!
- I do not want to wear any extensions until I'm at least a year post. So, braids will have to wait until then.
- I have not thought once about relaxing my hair. Not ONCE!
- I also haven't thought about bc-ing. I need more growth and I can't see myself cutting off so much healthy hair!
- I MAY straighten my hair in December.
- This transition is going relatively well
- I'm thinking about buying some Jamaican Black Castor Oil for my edges. That's one product I never tried, but my edges seem sparse. That's another reason why I'm holding off on braids.
- I'll be trying out a new DC this weekend. The Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol that was included in a haul post a while back. I will patch test first and cross my fingers that it works well for me.
- I lightly dusted my ends last night when I removed my twists. I plan to dust monthly and trim every 4 months. In February, on my Bday, I may cut off about 4 inches.
- I would like at least 10 inches of natural hair before I big chop.I need enough hair to fit in a ponytail. So.. if I get 6 inches by November, I should only have about 8 months to go after that.
On to the pics.....
|That's where my new growth ends|
|I did a braid-out for today, this is just to show how my relaxed ends look. I didn't fluff it out.|
|The back of the braid-out|