Hey Everyone! I know I have been gone for a (little) while, so I wanted to drop in and let you know I didn't forget about my blog.
For this post, I decided to give you all a brief update on my transition. I can't believe I am already 40 weeks post relaxer and in 12 more weeks,I will be one year post! How exciting is that?
My regimen and styling hasn't changed.
If I am feeling ambitious, I do medium sized twists which typically lasts 2 weeks
And when my twists get messy, I throw on a scarf
If I'm feeling lazy, I do "chunky" twists which typically last only a week
|Twists at 38.5 weeks post relaxer|
When I want to wear my hair out, I do a braid-n-curl
|38 Weeks post relaxer|
|This is a 4 day braid-n-curl|
My thoughts so far:
- This transition is extremely easy for me. I know it's because of the twists and my very low maintenance regimen
- So far, I haven't experienced any noticeable breakage
- I sometimes think of pushing up my BC date to February 2013 where I will be 15 months post, but I doubt that's going to happen. I would like to transition at a minimum of 20 months post.
- In February 2013, I will do my first major transition cut to rid any feelings of a BC
- Next year, I'm thinking of doing a modified version of the Crown n Glory method where I will have my hair in a long term protective style( with extensions) for 8 weeks and my hair out for 1 month
- I feel like my hair isn't growing fast enough.
- The front of my hair grows VERY slow!
- I am so much in LOVE with my natural hair..but I still like my relaxed hair
- Whenever I see a TWA or a BAA, I wish my transition would hurry up and end
- I have 23 hairstyles I have to do before I BC. If I don't do each and every style, I wont BC
- Once I reach 1 year post, I will give twists a break and style my loose hair more often
- I haven't used direct heat in 8 months! woot woot!
- I can't wait until I am fully natural!!