I have a confession to make.
If you read the post title then you already know what it is.
I haven't combed my hair in 2 months.
Yes, 2 months. Crazy as it sounds.
I don't know why, but I have only been finger detangling.
So tonight I decided to finally detangle my hair. Boy was I scared. I just knew it would either take forever or I would lose boatloads of hair.
I am happy to say that it only took me 45 minutes and although I did lose a lot of hair, it wasn't extraordinary.
I started off by taking out the chunky twists I had in my hair for the week. When taking out each twist, I gently finger detangled.
I was left with this.
- Then I split my hair in half then worked in small sections.
- Sprayed each section with water/avj/rose oil mix
- Finger detangled the section
- Detangled with a seamless wide tooth comb
- Detangled again with a seamless medium tooth comb
- Then I just applied my DC and braided
- I was left with a total of 12 braids
Detangling wasn't much of an issue until I got to my ends. They curl up and tangle so easily, but I made it through!
Are y'all ready to see how much hair I lost??
It looks like A LOT and it is. But think of it this way...
- I haven't combed my hair in a while
- My hair was in a protective style for the week
- My hair is super thick
- and on average we shed about 100 strands a day.
I'm not worried.
If you're wondering how much hair I typically lose when finger detangling weekly..here's a pic.
I don't think I will ever go that long without combing again. Then again..it could have been worse.