I can't believe it's been 4 months since I big chopped. Time sure goes by fast.
I am VERY happy that I made the decision to bc when I did. I originally wanted to transition for 2 years, but the anticipation to see my fully natural hair was more important to me. Also, I like the fact that I can try things out with my shorter hair first.
Anyway...here are some the things I learned and experience with natural hair.
- I still care about the rain- I always heard natural woman saying they care less about the rain now that they're natural. Well, I'm not one of those people. Rain can mess up a hairstyle, even a puff, with the quickness. The ONLY time I don't care about the rain is when I'm in braids.
- I get a lot more attention- I have random people approaching me all the time about my hair, both white and black. A lot more men try to talk to me too which is surprising because my fro adds about 6 inches making me look 6'6. LOL
- My hair needs more moisture than protein
- A simple regimen works best for me
- I prefer to have my hair in a protective style during the week mostly because it saves me time getting ready in the morning
- My hair seems to retain length a lot more/better than before
- My hair is the healthiest it's ever been
- I DO NOT miss the relaxer process. It stressed me the heck out.
- I don't plan on ever flat ironing my hair, but may do a blow-out for my 2 year post relaxer anniversary.
The Big Chop
Recent Random Pics at 19 months post relaxer