I wanted to drop in and give an update on my hair. Although it's been FOREVER, it will be brief since not much is going on with my hair.
- My hair is doing well for the most part.
- I trimmed it a few times since my last post, but I didn't trim much. Probably about 1 inch all around in total
- I did a Henna and Indigo treatment, after not doing one since last March. My hair felt great afterwards
- I have developed a dime sized bald spot(noticed it on 3.4.15) on my right temple area. This feels like Deja Vu. Looking back at my posts, I had the same issue this time last year. And looking back at pics, that area has always been a little thin. I have an appointment coming up with the Dr. But in the mean time, I have been applying a mix of Emu, Olive, Rosemary, Lavender and Castor oil with a teaspoon of MSM(sulfur powder) day and night. I also recently purchased Onion Oil to see if that will help some. I will do a separate post on that soon.
- I have also reduced the amount of puffs I wear and try to reduce tension around my hairline
- I have ALSO increased my water intake and started working out again(it's been a while). Yes, I'm not going to lie it all started with the bald spot. I was trying to do any and everything to get it to grow back fast. But it's now a lifestyle change..hopefully.
- I haven't straightened my hair in over 3 years. I may one day, just not sure when.
- The back of my hair grows ridiculously faster than the rest of my hair and it's annoying. I just wish the rest of my hair would catch up. Luckily I have figured out ways to conceal it
- I am officially 2 years natural and 3 yrs 5 months post relaxer
- I still wear twists for at least 2-3 weeks out of a month
- My shrinkage is crazy. Even in braidouts, my hair shrinks like 65%
On to the pics.
|Experimenting with braid-outs|
|The easiest protective style ever|
|The 'faux" bob|
|My signature look- Twists|
|The puffs I rocked before finding out about the bald spot(most visible on the bottom right pic)|
|The other night. First time wearing a puff in over a month and it felt good. I was of course careful with my edges|
Anyway, I truly hope you all are doing well. I am still around and respond to all emails/questions/comments, so feel free to reach out to me.
I do post to Tumblr regularly, so you're welcomed to follow me on there http://6footlonghair.tumblr.com/
So, how's your hair journey going? I'm curious.