Tuesday, July 6
Want Darker Hair?
I have not tried this yet, but best believe when I take these braids out...I will be doing this coffee rinse.
Simple Coffee Rinse:
Brew 2-4 cups of espresso or strong coffee. Allow it to cool.
Use one of the following methods:
1. Pour coffee over your hair after you shampoo and condition. Leave it in as you dry and style your hair.
2. Pour over dry hair. Leave on thirty minutes and then shampoo out.
3. Pour over your hair after you shampoo and condition. Leave it in while you finish the rest of your shower. Then gently rinse.
4. Shampoo your hair. Pour coffee over your hair and wait 20 minutes. Rinse the coffee out of your hair with beer or apple cider vinegar to seal in the color. Then rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
5. Shampoo your hair and rinse thoroughly and allow your hair to dry. Apply the coffee with a spray bottle and gently comb through. Allow coffee to remain in your hair for twenty minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
NOTE: You may also use black tea for chestnut highlights. Brew 2 cups of tea using 6 to 8 tea bags.
NOTES on Coffee Rinses!
*The exact amount of coffee to use depends on the length and thickness of your hair, but 2-4 cups is usually recommended.
*Do not use instant coffee since it may contain additives that can damage your hair.
*Be sure the coffee is not hot. Since your scalp is much more sensitive to temperature than your hands, if the coffee feels hot to your finger, it will feel even hotter on your head.
*Do not use this on very light or bleached hair since coffee will stain porous or light hair.
*Coffee can also stain your towels and other equipment.
*Natural colorants will help you to take better care of your hair
ALWAYS FOLLOW UP WITH A DEEP CONDITIONER TREATMENT!
Got this from: chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com