I loooooove Zumba..I felt like I was at the club..haha, but working out at the same time.
BUT I spent 45 minutes of that hour sweating my butt off. I knew as soon as I got home and took a shower, I would also co-wash my hair. BUT some people prefer not to co-wash their hair..and also like to preserve their hair style. So...let me offer a few tips.
First, you can:
- Try choosing a form of exercise that doesn't make you sweat too much..yoga,.maybe riding a bike, skating, taking a long walk..there are many options
- If you do prefer an intense work-out, maybe wait until the day of or before wash day to do so (this is for those who wash once a week)
- Wear your hair in a high-pony tail while exercising and do not take it down until it is fully dry. I would also invest in a sweat band, to soak up the excess sweat
- wrap your hair(like cross wrap or do a doobie) while working out, and do not take the wrap down until your hair is full dry
2 Things about Exercising:
- You should never sacrifice your health for your hair
- It should also not be treated as a chore- Do something you like!