Now in order to have a successful transition, I must keep my hair healthy and avoid major breakage at ALL costs! There is NO point of hanging on to damaged relaxed ends, right?!!!
I think this new regimen I have devised will assist on keeping my relaxed & natural hair happy as well as the infamous line of demarcation!
Once Every 3 weeks- See wash day post here.
- Thoroughly Detangle- Aloe Vera Mix (including Glycerin and Safflower Oil)
- Deep Condition on DRY hair with a Protein and Moisturizing Conditioner- ORS Replenishing Conditioner
- Shampoo- Shea Moisture- Moisture Retention Shampoo or WEN
- Roller- Set
Week 2- Put hair in a Protective and LOWW Manipulation Style- twists, cornrows or a mix of the 2. Just experiment with styles that can last up to 2 weeks.
Week 3- See above, but co-wash or wash with diluted Shampoo if necessary
Week 4- Wash Week- Same as week 1
Daily or when needed
- Moisturize and seal hair
- Oil Scalp with Sulfur Mix
- Spritz New-Growth with Aloe-Vera Mix
- Cowash- If working out extensively- I need to get back into this!!!!
Braids!!! With added hair
Braids In- 6 weeks
Hair Out- 2 Weeks
Braids or maybe Senegalese Twists In- 6 Weeks
*Regimen to be posted at a later time
Every 4 Months
Trim 1-2 inches of hair
I'm not sure what I will do for the remainder of the year yet, but I thought far enough in advance for now!
So far, I have had no desire to straighten my hair. If I choose to do so, it will probably be twice a year.
One thing I do want, is to wear my OWN hair at least 75% of the time through this transition...and I think I can do that!
If you have any questions on my regimen, let me know!!