I don't purchase many silver or gold fashion jewelry because of the simple fact that they will eventually tarnish.
Now, one way to help slow down the occurrence of tarnishing is to coat the piece of jewelry with some good quality clear nail polish.
For these earrings, it was too late.
So, I had 4 options:
- Throw them away
- Purchase some silver spray paint and spray the earrings
- Purchase some jewelry paint
- Use some silver nail polish that I barely wear to paint the earrings
I chose option 4.
- Wiped the earrings clean
- placed them on a piece of paper
- coated the front once(or twice if necessary) with the silver polish
- waited for them to dry
- turned them around to paint the back
- once dry, I painted the front and back with clear polish
Here are some pics of a few pairs of earrings I'm currently painting.