I received a few emails regarding my twists regimen, more specifically asking how I keep them neat.
I'm going to tell y'all one thing...my twists DO NOT stay neat throughout the two weeks I keep them in, but I am able to fake the funk.
Anyway..if you are interested in learning more about my regimen and how I style the twists...keep on reading.
As said above, I keep my smaller twists in for 2 weeks tops. In the past I was able to stretch it to 3 weeks, but now that I'm back to my heavy work-outs, I can no longer do that.
I always twist my hair with a Shea-Butter mix and I do them fairly tight to minimize the risk of unraveling.
I also only do my hair at night, so in the morning I can just take off my scarf, fix my hair up a little and go.
My Nightly Regimen Consists of:
- Oil my scalp with the Sulfur Mix 3 times a week
- Spritz twists with an AVJ mix or water mixed with a few drops of essential oils.
- Seal in the water or AVJ mix with my Oil Blend (EVOO, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E oil)
- Apply JBCO to edges then slick them down with Aloe Vera Gel and wrap my hair up
- ****I also either do a Apple Cider Vinegar rinse or wash my scalp/hair with diluted WEN 2x weekly then follow the above steps after my hair air dries for 30 minutes.***
- If I don't "wash" my hair after a work-out(it's usually a light one), I spray my scalp with the Water and essential oil mix. It's antibacterial and makes my hair smell pretty decent.
If I plan on wearing my hair down, I put in some bantu-knots first..then wrap my hair and in the morning, I just take the knots out and go.
If I plan on wearing my hair up, I just twist the bang area and add a satin roller to the end..then I put my hair in a ponytail then wrap my hair. In the AM, I would just take the front down and play a little with the ponytail to make a style..then go.
If my twists looks an absolute mess..and I don't feel like re-twisting...I put the front in 2 flat twists the night before. Then I spritz my hair with water and add a ton of Aloe Vera Gel then tie my hair down with a scarf to set it.
In the morning it looks like this:
Yeah..It looks like I don't even have twists in my hair. But I am okay with that because it's still presentable.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions, let me know!