|Image found on Google Images|
Split ends are inevitable. Even with the best care, one or two(or much MORE) are bound to pop up.
I have found the best way to avoid them are to follow these simple steps.
- Keep hair hydrated!- This is obvious. Dry hair leads to damage and fraying. Keep up with your deep conditioning sessions, moisturize when needed and always seal!
- Be Gentle- When detangling your hair, I always suggest finger detangling first to remove any "large" tangles. Then using a comb or brush. NOTE: It is suggested to start from your ends then work your way to the roots. DON'T spend too much time on your ends! I doubt they are that tangled for you to keep combing or brushing them over and over again
- Use a Seamless comb- My seamless comb is heaven sent. I have experience much less splits and breakage by using it. I suggest everyone to either use a seamless comb or one with very low seams.
- Dust Regularly- Dusting helps stop the splits before they even start. You don't have to CUT your hair, but minor dustings of about ___ this much hair, helps in the long run.
- Don't rip out the SSK's- I know some naturals experience SSK's. If you encounter them, hold off from ripping them out. Wait until you have a good pair of shears available to cut them out.
If you have any tips to contribute, leave em below!