Y'all don't know how much I missed my hair. Having braids was a nice break, but taking them out was the best feeling ever.
I had them in for a total of 6 weeks although I planned to keep them in for 8. Oh well, 6 weeks is good enough.
When I removed them, my hair was so moisturized. I don't know if it was the braid spray or the shea-butter I used when braiding, but my hair was SOFT!
Anyway, once removing them, I:
- Applied Grapeseed oil mixed with a little castor oil to my hair in section
- Detangled my hair in medium sized sections
- Added some ORS Replenishing Pack
- Then Braided
- The next day, after work, I washed the conditioner out with shampoo(in an applicator bottle) while my hair was still in those braids.
- I then towel dried the braids then added some moisturizing conditioner to each braid(by squeezing it in) and made sure to get my roots.
- Covered my hair with a shower cap and let the conditioner sit for about 2 hours.
- After rinsing it out, I just sprayed my hair with my AVJ mix, added shea butter to each section and braided. I was left with about 10 braids.
My hair wasn't dry the next morning so it was super shrunken. It looked like this:
Later on in the day, I put my hair in about 8 braids and kept them in for a few hours and my hair looked like this:
I will have my hair twisted back up for the week and I will go back in a long term protective style in 2 weeks.