Hey Hey Hey!! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!
I just wanted to come by and give a quick update on my hair.
- In the last month or so, I have been wearing my hair out a lot. I now keep my braids/twists in for only a few days out of the week opposed to the 1-2 weeks I used to do. I just want to enjoy my loose hair as much as possible.
- I did a Henna treatment last weekend. This time around I mixed it with coconut milk and my hair felt awesome afterwards. Coconut milk helps the henna rinse out so easily too. It's definitely a keeper in my henna mixes going forward.
- I had to cut off about an inch off the back of my hair. It's growing so much faster than the rest of my hair and it has a looser texture, so it looked awkward and mullet like.
- I have been really tempted to blow-out my hair, but because it's getting hot out, I will hold off until the Fall
- I have been rocking a fro lately and I am loving it. I usually keep it shrunken, but will experiment with stretched out fros in the future.
- My edges seem to be thinning and I don't know what's causing it. I also noticed a dime sized bald spot today in the front of my hair on the right. To say I'm devastated is an understatement. I plan on going to the Dr. to make sure I'm okay physically/internally. If so, I will be using an oil mix and scalp massages to help regrow it.
Puff with a braid
Regular Ol' puff
Chunky Twists pinned up
Smaller twists with cornrows on the side- Sadly I only kept this in for 4 days even though it took like 2 hours to do. Sticking to chunky 20 minute twists/braids going forward.
My Hair after taking out those twists.
Chunky twist out which was fluffed out to the max
Later that night
The signature puff- perfect for hot days
Now that it's getting hot out, the puff will be in full effect.
What's your go-to Summer hair-style?