|How I mainly wore the twists|
Hey hey hey! Hope you ALL are doing well!
Just wanted to say hello and give a brief update on my hair.
I took the twists out. I had them in for almost 4 weeks and it was time for them to go. They started to look raggedy and I did not feel like re-doing some. So, I took them out last night. All went well until I realized I cut my real hair in the back(insert sad and shocked face here) when cutting the ends of the twists. I had no idea my hair was that long. Instead of crying, I took it as a blessing in disguise.
The back of my hair grows ridiculously longer than the rest of my hair, so it was looking like a mullet. So after accidentally cutting some of my hair, I gave the rest of my hair a trim. I cut off about 1-2 inches. Hair grows, my hair grows, so I'm not worried about losing the length. I'm just back at where I was in March.
Just in case anyone is wondering about my take-down process, here it is:
- Slather moisturizing deep conditioner over the twists(stopping at my real hair)
- Cut the ends of the twists to easily remove(won't be doing this anymore)
- Remove twists while finger detangling hair
- Add more DC
- Finger detangle once more then comb
- Trim Ends
- Twist Hair
- Keep DC in for about 30 minutes
- Wash hair in twists with Shea moisture(pink bottle)
- Air-dry in turban for about 1 hour(was watching Scandal)
- Add Shea Butter to hair then twist
- After twisting rub creamy moisturizer all through-out twists.
- Put Castor oil in hair next morning then take down twists.
My hair is super soft right now!
I'll be back in a protective style in about 2 weeks. Not sure what to do next, maybe some poetic justice braids? Whatever I do, y'all will be one of the first to see.
Anyway, hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!! Talk to you soon ;-)