Properly detangling is the most detrimental part of my hair care routine. It can make or break my progress and I finally found a system that works.
- I only comb/detangle my hair on wash day. During the week, I would lightly finger comb if my hair is out.
- I detangle before shampooing
- I separate my dry hair in about 10 small-medium sized sections and work with 1 section at a time
- Spritz hair with detangling spray- I make sure my hair gets fairly damp
- Start combing from the ends to my roots with seamless wide tooth comb
- I go over that same section with a medium sized seamless comb
- Then I add the DC, ponytail that section off then twist my hair
- I wash hair in those little ponytails and do not remove them until I am about to roller-set.
- * It takes me about 20-25 minutes to fully detangle my hair.
My "Detangling Spray"
|I usually use a bottle this size, 4-5 oz and if I have any left over, I refrigerate.|
I plan on using this method through-out my transition. This should drastically reduce breakage!