A while back, I purchased some rose oil (from a local Moroccan store) and have been adding a few drops in water or my AVJ mix for moisture and fragrance. I would typically spray that water on my hair before sealing it in with oil or my shea-butter mix.
If you’re interested in the benefits of Rose Oil for hair, then keep on reading.
- The number one benefit to using rose oil for hair, is the fact that it hydrates dry hair and promotes health. This is especially beneficial for those with dry, damaged, or brittle hair. The oil can be r can be mixed with hair products such as carrier oils, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties, so it may help calm a range of scalp conditions and skin problems such as seborrhea dermatitis (whether mild or severe). It also helps keep dandruff and lice away.
- Rose oil is relaxing. Stress is a major cause of hair loss. People can use Rose Oil in aromatherapy to help combat stress therefore decreasing hair loss.
- The use of rose oil for hair may also relax you when you're having a stressful day. The scent of rose may help promote feelings of calm, especially when used as an essential oil(should be mixed with a scentless carrier oil).
- Using rose oil for aromatherapy helps to cut down the risk factors of hair loss such as stress and depression.(stated above)
- Rose oil is used in Ayurvedic medicine practices to augment skin health, which is necessary for good hair health. Rose oil is said to treat skin dullness as well as acne.